All Hail to the Christ Within!
In light of the recent unrest in our nation, we need to all take a step back, take a deep breath, and do something positive. De-stress. Decompress. Do something fun. Laugh. Enjoy your family. Everything will be alright. Have faith that there are practical solutions to all of our issues.
Here are some words of encouragement from the scriptures:
Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God (Mother Hurley’s Favorite Psalm) (Psalm 91 NKJV)
1. He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
3. Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4. He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6. Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7. A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8. Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9. Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10. No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11. For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12. In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13. You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14. “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16. With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”
Father Hurley’s Favorite Psalm (Psalm 37:1-6 NIV)
1. Do not fret because of those who are evil
or be envious of those who do wrong;
2. for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.
3. Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4. Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5. Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:
6. He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.
“Seek Wisdom Above Violence and Retaliation” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
5. Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6. in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
“Seek Love” (Leviticus 19:18 NIV; Zechariah 8:17 NKJV; Luke 10:27 NIV; Romans 13:8-10 NKJV)
18. Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
17. Let none of you think evil in your heart against your neighbor; And do not love a false oath. For all these are things that I hate,’ Says the Lord.
27. He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
8. [ Love Your Neighbor ] Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
9. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
10. Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Regardless of the evil in the world, IT’S STILL THE YEAR OF CELEBRATION!!! Rejoice. I say, Rejoice.
I have the honor to be your obedient servant,
Rev. George H. Latimer-Knight