Lesson 1———————January 1, 2017
International Subject: Praise God for Creation
U.H.S.C. Subject: Create That Which You So Desire
Lesson Text: Psalm 33:1-9
1. Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright.
2. Praise the Lord with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings.
3. Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.
4. For the word of the Lord is right; and all his works are done in truth.
5. He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
6. By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
7. He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
8. Let all the earth fear the Lord: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
9. For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.
I. Praise by the Upright (Psalm 33:1-5)
II. Praise for His Works (Psalm 33:6, 7)
III. Duties to be Created (Psalm 33:8, 9)
Time: 979 BC
General Theme: “The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.” — Psalm 12:6
We are going to spend the first month of this New Year giving God praise. In this lesson, we are praising God for creation. The upright—those who please God—continually offer God praise for the creation. This simple command holds with it a deep-seated philosophical truth.
The pervasive belief today is that all life came from evolution. And most evolutionists are atheists. They don’t believe in God, spirit, or anything of the sort. They believe that the universe was born from chance and that all life evolved from a single cell. But the question remains—where did the single cell come from?
Further there is disagreement on whether both evolution and creation can be true. Some say that God created all substance, including the single cell, and allowed life to evolve from it. While this is possible, there are problems with this view. Father Hurley struck the right balance. He said that all life evolves. One can be believe that, for example, humans evolve as our environment and habits change, without believing that humans evolved from moneys.
The bottom line is that our praise—our spirituality—starts with our belief in creation. God is not some spirit sitting on the sidelines of life. “We Believe that all life is God.” “We Believe there is no life except God.” God is our creator. And because we are God within, we are creators. Everything in nature was created by God’s spoken word. Everything in our lives was created by our spoken word.